From what was once a handful of cells, the Orange County Corrections Department (OCCD) has become one of the largest county detention facilities in the nation.
Situated on a 76-acre secure compound in Orlando, Florida, OCCD has the capacity to detain up to 4,100 inmates on any given day.
Strong working relationships between the 1,700 certified and civilian staff are valued at OCCD, as is the rich history and proud tradition passed down through the many generations of employees.
There is a strong sense of team here at the Orange County Corrections Department. Whether an individual is assigned to a unit within the Community Corrections and Inmate Programs Division, the Inmate Administrative Division, or to one of the agency's specialty units, personnel work together to carry out the mission of OCCD.
- Apply for a job - Certified and civilian positions available.
- Job Descriptions - See the latest job descriptions.
- Recruitment Brochure - Recruitment media.
- Hiring Information - Information related to the hiring process.
- Interest Form - Notify us of your interest in applying.
- FDLE Officer Requirements - Special considerations for FDLE officers.
- Valencia Criminal Justice Institute - Higher education on Criminal Justice.