Most inmates are entitled to an initial appearance before a judge after arrest.
Most inmates booked on a new offense will attend first appearance before a judge unless they are released on bond prior to the proceeding. If a person is not listed on the website, then he or she is not in jail.
- Sessions take place weekdays 9 a.m. or weekdays 1 p.m.(Please refresh the PDF to get the most recent information)
- All sessions are posted at 4:30 a.m.
- Morning sessions are updated at 7:30 a.m. while afternoon sessions are updated at noon.
- Weekends and Court holidays, only one session is held at 11 a.m. (start times vary based on judicial operations)
- If there is a low number of bookings, the session may be merged into a single morning session.
View a live broadcast of initial appearance proceedings at the jail via the Ninth Judicial Circuit's website.
You can watch first appearance proceedings from the public galleries at the Booking and Release Center (excluding weekends and holidays).
The galleries are accessed via the BRC public lobby. Directions and Map
Inmate Records Management
3855 John Young Parkway
Orlando, FL 32839
P.O. Box 4970
Orlando, FL 32802-4970
Phone: (407) 836-3400 (use option 5)
First Appearance Sessions
- ADA STATEMENT Orange County Government will not unlawfully discriminate against any person on the basis of the person’s disability. Through compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, all visitors, inmates/detainees and any other person with legitimate business at the facility will be provided barrier- free access to the facility and services consistent with reasonable accommodations procedures.